10th October 2018
TIDE is a Bangalore based NGO working on facilitating sustainable development in communities through technology interventions. We work across three broad areas of Cook stoves, Energy and environment services and Women & Livelihoods. TIDE offers tremendous career growth opportunities across its teams on Energy,cook stoves and technology based livelihoods, with opportunities for cross learning.
Under the Energy and Environment servicesfocus area, VidyutRakshaka (VR) is a successful and growing citizen engagement program. VidyutRakshaka facilitates a culture of energy conservation and energy efficiency through awareness, electricity bill assessments, and customized recommendations. It is aimed at reducing electricity consumption in households and to facilitate long term long term behaviour change. The program is poised for a city level scaling in Bengaluru.
TIDE invites applications for a managerial position in its energy services team, primarily for its VidyutRakshaka
program. The position offers exciting opportunity to work at the interface of technology and behaviour change. The role will provide tremendous exposure to diverse stake holders in the domain of demand sid management of electricity. The position is for TIDE office at Bangalore and will involve both field and desk work.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters in Environment/Energy/Policy/Planning or related subject areas with a bachelor degree in science or engineering.
- Strong understanding of basics in subject matter with orientation to practical work.
- Basic project management skills.
- Working knowledge in data analysis with exposure to statistical methods.
- Work experience preferred, in similar domain or in development sector.
- Strong ethics and leadership skills.
- Ability to work within the team and to engage with multiple stake holders.
- Strong communication skills in English; spoken knowledge of Kannada preferred.
IMMEDIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-ordinate and execute the scaling of energy access, conservation and related programs at TIDE.
- Partnership and relationship management with Government utility, funder(s), resource partners and consumers.
- Project report writing , developing future research ideas and presenting at various forums.
Salary will be commensurate with experience/qualifications and in line with the organizational structure.
Interested candidates may please send their resume to the mail address [email protected] with the subject line ‘Response to position MANAGER – ENERGY SERVICES at TIDE’ before 15th October 2018./p>