1st October 2018
TIDEis a Bangalore based NGO working on facilitating sustainable development in communities through technology interventions. As a conscious strategy to advocate environment sustainability, TIDE has been engaging with schools and has found good response from students (see a movie about one of our school projects here). The school engagement ranges from conducting awareness sessions / activities to sharing knowledge tools and implementations of projects in campus. The engagement is designed as an extra-curricular activity and has scope to be driven by volunteers (corporate or others). A curriculum has been developed by TIDE for the purpose. It has scope to expand to include larger engagement including community outreach and installations in campus.
TIDE is now looking for a candidate to coordinate the school programs with focus on urban sustainability, starting with environment. The position requires a background or exposure to education sector, across different categories of schools. Additionally, the candidate should have a basic understanding of environmental sustainability and be aware of tools to demonstrate / achieve them in a school campus. The immediate requirement is for Bangalore and surrounding areas and may expand to other parts of Karnataka and Chennai later. Salary will be on par with expertise and experience.
Primary job responsibility is to develop and implement TIDE’s school initiatives; indicative activities are listed below:
- Develop potential program opportunities with different category of schools and initiatives possible at school levels for promoting holistic awareness on urban sustainability.
- Interact with the funder to finalize strategy and methodology, leveraging their partners’ network and other consortiums.
- Liason with schools, conduct need assessment and identify for partnering.
- Create intervention package for the chosen schools aligning with need assessment and project goals.
- Incorporate and bring in corporate employee / volunteer engagement into the program.
- Obtain buy from schools and undertake activities to bring in ownership by school community including teachers, parents, local community, etc.
- Facilitate implementations in the campus (eg. solar roof top, water harvesting, efficient electrical equipments, etc).
- Track impact and report
- Prior experience in education sector, particularly in Government schools.
- Willing to travel in Bangalore and outskirts.
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities .
- Passion for environmental sustainability.
- Kannada language skills .
Preferred attributes :
- Minimum 2 years work experience in related field.
- Ability to create a brand image for the program with long term vision.