TIDE has mobilized rural women in Tumkur district to train and produce masks. Apart from meeting a critical need, this activity is generating incomes for these women during the COVID lock down situation. The women have been trained by State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) and follow the protocol recommended by Health department. 20000 masks have already been made and bought by SRLM.
Apart from selling masks, TIDE plans to donate masks to the rural areas that we work in. This is required as many of the rural people are forced to come out for agricultural work and some of them even travel to buy farm essentials. These are poor people who do not have access to masks.
Identified location for mask donation
- 400 masks for about 80 families in Guddadahatti and Hosahatti villages of Kondli GP.
- 400 masks for about 80 families in Kollihatti hamlet of Aralaguppe GP
- 25 masks for women and staff at TIDE’s Women’s Technology Park which will be used for women to make masks and other income generating activities
- 15 masks for women stove builders who are constructing cook stoves to earn incomes
- 150 masks for TIDE Queens (rural women undergoing leadership program) who are involved in COVID awareness work