This project is an excellent instance of collective efforts by Kendriya Vidyalaya, IISC-Bangalore – an educational institution, ADOBE Systems Pvt.Limited – a corporate donor, Charity Aid Foundation – Facilitator, and TIDE – a Not-For-Profit Organization. The project demonstrates the feasibility of sustainable technologies for today’s urban issues and also acts as a practical teaching tool for the students. It has converted the complete school campus into an ‘Eco-Friendly Zone’!
In partnership and with inputs by teaching faculty and students, following installations were planned and executed in the premises. Rain water Harvesting Structures
- Rain water harvesting structure
- Grey Water Treatment
- Green House growing coloured capsicums / exotic flowers
- Natural and Vermi Composting
- Solar Lighting
- Waste Segregation & Management
All these installations were done between 2010 and 12 and are functional now, being maintained by the school.
TIDE is open to conducting similar programs in other institutions and reach out to us at [email protected] to know more
- Structures installed with potential to harvest 1,16,400 litres of rainwater per annum.
- Reduced consumption of water , as harvested rain water is used for toilet flushing and water from grey water treatment is used for gardening
- Reduced consumption of electricity due to solar lighting
- Generation of income through waste segregation& management and vermi-composting
- Better academic performance of 6th and 7th grade students involved in the project in science subject
- School and Local community are now ‘Environment Ambassadors’
- TIDE has also taught the students about water audits.
Watch a movie on the ECO FRIENDLY SCHOOL Here