Promotion of clean energy & Biomass conservation – partnering with WWF
WWF has multiple ongoing projects working in partnership with local communities related to access to clean energy, biomass conservation, and also promoting livelihood security. WWF has partnered with TIDE to do capacity building of its staff and partners on some of the processes associated with these themes.
Through this partnership, TIDE is carrying out the following activities
- Training on conducting user need assessments for house hold energy
- Training on doing baseline assessment of energy consumption
- Conduct technical training programmes to ensure that the technology recommended is in active use and conserves biomass
- Develop indicators to assess use of biomass conserving technology and products for both households and for livelihoods
- Train NGO partners in data collection, analysis and its conservation – biomass conserved, CO2 mitigated, arrested deforestation, carbon sink protected etc.