Senior Project Executive
24th September 2018
TIDE is a Bangalore based NGO working on facilitating sustainable development in communities through technology interventions. One of TIDE’s flagship program involves design, adaptation and all India Dissemination of Improved-Cook-stoves. TIDE is looking for a Post Graduate candidate insciences with background in Environment Science / Agri-Tech to undertake this activity. Theposition offers a hands-on learning opportunity in improved cook stoves and biomass conservation along with exposure to different technologies and tremendous grass root experience. Salary will be on par with market.
The focus of clean cook stove sector is in R & D, manufacturing and promotion of different clean burning equipments and processed fuel under the aegis of different projects. It is a developing sector as many United Nations (UN) goals get covered through this intervention. The cook stove department in TIDE is involved in lab and field level R & D and dissemination of the biomass technologies to many rural and remote parts of India. We have specialized in application of biomass gasification and combustion technologies for household/institutional use and for improving energy linked livelihoods with efficient use of biomass energy.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking on-site training on cook stove construction and associated activities across India.
- Conducting user need assessment, field testing & monitoring.
- Documenting user responses and providing inputs for R&D.
- Conducting desk research and field surveys in the areas of biomass and cook stoves.
- Demonstrating TIDE-designed / TIDE adopted products to partners, vendors and users.
- Associated data handling and technical report writing.
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout India (rural remote areas) on demand.
- Passion for environmental sustainability.
- Flair for technology and data handling.
- Honest, Hardworking and willing to learn new concepts and skills.
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities.
- Conversant in Hindi and Kannada.
Preferred attributes :
- Minimum 2 years work experience in related field.
- Commitment to the job for a minimum of 3 years.
Job location is Bangalore with frequent travel to field areas (local and national) as required. The selected candidate would be given necessary training and on-the-job orientation.
Interested candidates may please send their resume to the mail address [email protected] with the subject line ‘Response to job opportunity at TIDE Cook stove Team’.