TIDE has designed and implemented rainwater harvesting system in more than 30 areas that show case its various competencies in the sector.
Projects on Rainwater Harvesting
TIDE has designed and implemented rainwater harvesting system in more than 30 areas that show case its various competencies in the sector. The project areas include – village schools and anganwadis, independent houses, apartments, industries, institutions and large establishments.
Generally TIDE recommends roof top harvested water for non potable purposes. However, the harvested water from roof areas can be made potable after treatment, largely for bacterial contamination.
TIDE has also standardized techniques for artificial recharge of ground water by direct and indirect methods. Data collected from recharged borewells show an increase in the water yield and also improvement in the quality of water.
Some locations where TIDE has implemented rain water harvesting projects are:
- Nimbekaypura village
- Primary schools in Chikamagalur district
- St. Martha’s Hospital, Bangalore
- GI Catalogue clothing company, Makali, Bangalore
- MVJ College of Engineering, Whitefield
- AISIN NTTF, Electronics City, Bangalore
- Bank officers Co-operative Housing Society Limited, BTM layout,Bangalore
- Adarsh Apartment, Jayanagar, Bangalore
- Antargatte village, Kadur Taluk, Chikamagalu
TIDE has also developed rain water harvesting designs for large establishments. Some of these are:
- Suprajit Engineering
- Jawarharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bangalore
- HAL, Bangalore
- ISRO, Bangalore
- ITC Infotech, Bangalore
- Utopia township,
- Housing societies
- Grindwell Norton
- Dhondenling Settlement, Kollegal taluk, Chamrajnagar
- Cadbury India Limited